5Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.
6Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your judgments are like the great deep;
you save humans and animals alike, O LORD.
7How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8They feast on the abundance of your house,
and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
9For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
10O continue your steadfast love to those who know you,
and your salvation to the upright of heart!
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Focus on the Breath that brings you steadfast love.
- How do you desire to take refuge in the shadow of Love’s wing?
- Notice the abundance and depth of flowing Love.
- What new Light do you see?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 20, 2019, the Second Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year C)
1 Corinthians 12:1-11
(c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.