12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine. For this reason I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Notice what needs to be set aside to make room for you to embrace truth today.
- As you set this distraction aside, invite God to share a new truth to you today.
- Embrace this truth and listen to the message truth has for you.
- Resist any judgment or criticism that arises in you. Truth is spoken in love. Be gentle with yourself. Any truth that comes without love is false.
- Be open to embrace the truth that is spoken in love.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, June 16, 2019, Trinity Sunday Year C
Proverbs 8:1-4, 22-31
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. (c) 2019 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD