37On the last day of the festival, the great day, while Jesus was standing there, he cried out, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me, 38and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, ‘Out of the believer’s heart shall flow rivers of living water.’” 39Now he said this about the Spirit, which believers in him were to receive; for as yet there was no Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence bringing your attention to the Breath.
- Jesus has been glorified.
- Yet we still thirst.
- What part of you is thirsty today?
- What do you desire from the One who gives living water?
- Let the one who believes drink.
- Drink until the water is flowing rivers from your heart.
- Encounter the world today with rivers flowing from your heart.
- What is your message from God?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, June 4, 2017, the Day of Pentecost (Year A)
Psalm 104:24-34, 35b
1 Corinthians 12:3b-13
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings (c) 2017 The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD