1Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD.
2Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplications!
3If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities,
Lord, who could stand?
4But there is forgiveness with you,
so that you may be revered.
5I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
6my soul waits for the Lord
more than those who watch for the morning,
more than those who watch for the morning.
7O Israel, hope in the LORD!
For with the LORD there is steadfast love,
and with him is great power to redeem.
8It is he who will redeem Israel
from all its iniquities.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Follow the breath to your very core.
- What cry needs to be released today?
- What supplications do you raise to the Lord?
- There is answer.
- There is forgiveness.
- Breathe into this place, allowing the breath of God to intertwine with these prayers.
- Wait in hope.
- God will redeem.
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, August 12, 2012, the Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year B
2 Samuel 18:5-9, 15, 31-33
John 6:35, 41-51
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD