1 How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil on the head,
running down upon the beard,
on the beard of Aaron,
running down over the collar of his robes.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
which falls on the mountains of Zion.
For there the LORD ordained his blessing,
life for evermore.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Remember a time when you were anointed in community.
- The oil might not have been flowing, but you felt anointed by your Christian community.
- Allow yourself to go back to this memory.
- Think of as many details as you can.
- What feelings do you remember?
- Who was present?
- Where was Christ?
- What freedom did you experience?
- What color do you remember?
- What does this color represent?
- As you continue to reflect. What was God’s message for you?
- How did you respond to this message?
- What new meaning does it carry for you today?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, April 15, 2012, the Second Sunday of Easter Year B
1 John 1:1-2:2
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD