12On the first day of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover lamb is sacrificed, his disciples said to him, “Where do you want us to go and make the preparations for you to eat the Passover?” 13So he sent two of his disciples, saying to them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you; follow him, 14and wherever he enters, say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher asks, Where is my guest room where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 15He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there.” 16So the disciples set out and went to the city, and found everything as he had told them; and they prepared the Passover meal.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Remember a time Christ prepared a place for you.
- What do you recall about the journey?
- Peace? Tension? Freedom? Fear?
- When during the journey did you recognized Christ’s fingerprints?
- Savor this time in remembering the faithfulness of our God.
- What place do you need Christ to prepare for you today?
- What space needs to be made in you to give you freedom to follow Christ to this place?
- Listen for Christ’s direction.
- Pray for Christ’s direction.
- Be open to Christ’s direction.
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, April 1, 2012, Palm Sunday (Passion Sunday) Year B
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD