“When you look at the inner workings of electrical things, you see wires. Until the current passes through them, there will be no light. That wire is you and me. The current is God. We have the power to let the current pass through us, use us, to produce the light of the world, Jesus, in us. Or we can refuse to be used and allow darkness to spread.”
– Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you scan your body, find the current of God.
- How is this current running through you today?
- What light is God producing for you?
- What light is it producing for your neighbor?
- What light is God producing for the world?
- How will God use this light through you?
- Is there part of you that refuses to be used by God?
- Allow the current to reach this part of you. Allow this current to connect. Let go of anything keeping you from God.
- Allow the new light shining to spread from you to the world.
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 18, 2012, the Fourth Sunday in Lent Year B
Psalm 107:103, 17-22
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD