- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silence paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you begin to pay attention to your breath, allow you eyes to become one with the painting.
- What image captures your attention? What word or words come to mind?
- Focus on the image or the words.
- Do you feel freedom or unfreedom?
- When you are ready, step into the painting.
- Where are you? In the boat? In the water? In another boat? On the shore?
- Notice your surroundings.
- Where is the light shining?
- Who is with you?
- Where is God?
- Is there a call to action?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer, the breath, the boat, the water, the people, and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 22, 2012, the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
Jonah 3:1-5, 10
1 Corinthians 7:29-31
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD