- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit three to five minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the breath.
- Study this painting, The Return, for three to five minutes. Envision this time to be a visual prayer.
- What phrase or image captures your attention?
- Spend another three to five minutes in prayer with this painting. Allow the phrase or image to grow in you.
- Where does the word or image take you? What is growing there?
- Is there a message for you from God?
- Spend another three to five minutes in prayer with this painting seeking a call to action.
- What is God calling you to do?
- Give thanks for this time in prayer to listen to God’s message and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, November 30, 2011, Christ the King Sunday Year A
Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24
Psalm 100: 1-5
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD