- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Where do you connect with this piece of art?
- Which piece of the quilt are you?
- Who or what is next to you?
- The artist designed this quilt to express joy. How has the artist accomplished this?
- Allow yourself to enter the joy of the design. Stay with the joy.
- Do you move with the joy? Or does the joy move around you?
- What joy do you notice in you?
- Is there a message from God in this joy?
- How will you share this joy with others?
- Give thanks to God for the might power JOY in our lives. Celebrate any new things that have been revealed in you.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, September 11, the Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Exodus 15:1b-11, 20-21
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.