|Lord make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred,
Let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, Joy.
O Divine Master grant that I may not so much seek
called “The Peace Prayer of St. Francis”
(found on a St. Francis Holy Card during World War I)
- Light a candle remembering Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit in a comfortable place with your palms up ready in a posture to receive. Let your feet become rooted in the ground.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Open yourself to be an instrument of peace.
- Notice how you have been an instrument of peace.
- How is God calling you to be an instrument of peace today?
- Give thanks to God for what has been sown and received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.