14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ — if, in fact, we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Embrace yourself as a child of God.
- Embrace your neighbors as children of God.
- What spirit of adoption do you feel within you? Move toward this place.
- How have you shared in suffering with Christ?
- Where do you notice being glorified with Christ?
- What burdens of slavery do you need to let go so God may give you something new in its place?
- Invite God to help you let go.
- Give thanks to God for the family into which you have been adopted. Give thanks for anything new you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.