4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. 6Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit is silent meditation five to fifteen minutes paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you pay attention to your deep breath, lower or close your eyes as you feel led, focusing on your interior space.
- Notice the gentleness within you.
- Where does it live in you?
- What is the name of the gentleness that lives in you?
- Embrace gentleness in you.
- Do others know gentleness?
- How would you like to share gentleness with others?
- Name any fear that comes with this invitation.
- Pray for the Light in the Manger to guard your heart as you share gentleness with others.
- Share the good news of this Advent season. Gentleness brings peace that passes all understanding.
- Give thanks to God for this time in seeking Gentleness and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 16, 2018, the Third Sunday of Advent (Year C)
(c) 2018 The Rev. Dr. Lil Smith, DASD. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings. Please give credit to author.